This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy here
My book A Lovely Life is about savoring simple joys in every season! The holiday season can be particularly busy for many people (and can we just pause right now to acknowledge we’re only 15 weekends away from Christmas (and even closer to Thanksgiving)?
One idea I love is to host a simple fall gathering early in the season! It’s so fun to host something special for friends or family before the hustle and bustle and packed schedules of the holidays begin. You can keep it simple and not worry about doing anything complicated or extravagant. People will just LOVE to be invited to your home and you can enjoy offering hospitality without stress.
I shared lots of entertaining ideas in my book Simple Gatherings!
Here are a few simple ways you could gather with friends, family, and neighbors this fall:
- Autumn cookie decorating party
- Craft night (make wreaths, paint, scrapbook, make place cards for Thanksgiving together, etc)
- A cider and donuts party
- Fall porch party with candles, string lights, plaid throw blankets and hot drinks (try our mulled cranberry apple cider recipe!)
- Movie night with fall snacks
- Pumpkin carving
- Cider taste test
- Fall brunch- invite friends to stop by for coffee and muffins or serve a simple brunch on a weekend
- Cozy night in with a hot chocolate bar
- Soup party, you could even have a few favorite soups to try!
- Casual chili and cornbread supper party
Tabletop Decor and Fall Accessories:
Mushroom Ceramic Plates (different design options)
The Forest Feast Gatherings (this is a gorgeous cookbook full of simple vegetarian meal ideas for hosting friends + family)
Rattan Fruit Baskets (stackable and could be used for storage/organization too!)
Find more tabletop and entertaining decor here in my Amazon shop.
Find more fall decor for your home in the Cozy Fall Shop!